December 31, 2010

A great year in review

The other day, I sat down and wrote my own year in review in my journal. It was quite an epic year if I do say so myself. If there is a better year out there, it'll have to 2011!

Here are a few highlights I'll share:

JANUARY:
- lived in Whistler and worked at the Olympics as a housekeeping supervisor in Athletes Village
- went on the Olympic skeleton track (head first!)
- seasons pass to Whistler mountain!

FEBRUARY:
- Vancouver 2010 Olympics!
- attended the rehearsal to the Opening Ceremonies
- riding the bus with my ski gear to hit the hill for the day (especially on my birthday!)

MARCH:
- Paralympic Games -- amazing athletes

APRIL:
- went to Kansas! Farm life: strawberries, milking, birthing a calf (!), chicks, Cashew

MAY:
- hung out in Penticton

JUNE:
- returned to Kansas!
- hiked my first 14er in Colorado: Mt. Shevano
- road trip with the King family from Kansas to Michigan, stopped in St. Louis

JULY:
- celebrated Omi's life

AUGUST:
- Girls Weekend turning into a family reunion celebrating Omi's life
- looked for work

SEPTEMBER:
- started Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey
- Kiera Harkness born...a little (lot) early but just perfect

OCTOBER:
- got a job (!) at Old Town Farm Market
- made my first few Lambie Loves
- visited Kiera in the Kelowna hospital a few times

NOVEMBER:
- started reffing basketball
- sold my car and bought Gladys
- paid off my student loans!

DECEMBER:
- graduated from Financial Peace University!
- Festival on Ice in Pencticton -- with Kurt Browning, Joannie Rochette, Sale and Peltier
- Carrie Underwood in Penticton! Amazing seats and good company with Carmen!

God is good and has provided all things!
Happy New Year!
-

No comments: