February 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

...40 days ago!

You could say I've been a bit busy of late. On January 3rd, I met with a local chiropractor in town who needed an assistant and I started with him a mere two days later...while still holding my job at the grocery store and trying to ref as many basketball games as my new schedule would allow. I've settled in nicely, I'd say, though it took a few weeks. It can be pretty high paced at times and I'm really enjoying interacting with the clients. Not to mention, I'm enjoying the chiropractic care myself! :)

Two weeks ago, I joined Dr. Cary in Calgary for a conference. It was pretty awesome because I had asked him if I could head up to Edmonton after the one day conference to visit Donny and Tamara for a few days and he said it was ok! So, all the money I've been saving for a trip to visit them was supplied by my new employer! Yay! It was a great conference too! It's called Warrior Chiropractic and it's a group of Christian chiropractors who live their faith pretty loud and throughout their practice. Oh, and they like to run. We met at 4am for a 'push yourself hard' run OUTSIDE on the frozen tundra around the Calgary airport. Super dark, super cold and frankly, super awesome! I don't remember running so hard for 50 minutes ever before! Yep...got that blood in my lungs feeling that only comes from a good old fashioned run. Then, I just had to stay awake for 10 hours of the conference, not to mention a nice 3 hour drive in a prairie snow storm to Edmonton that evening.

Edmonton was super great too! Tamara is doing a really good job at growing a baby, but when you live in Edmonton and it 'warms up' to -22, you typically stay inside which is like a perma-incubator!

I honestly didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted. Oh, I even forgot to mention that I turned the big thirty-two! I'm excited for the coming year and what God has planned. I can just feel that it's going to be big and spectacular! Yay!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Time for your monthly update Peters!!